Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Wanted To Keep Mensah-Bonsu
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
christian0317
whats kevin willis up to?

Representing:
Default Raptors Wanted To Keep Mensah-Bonsu

Quote:
The Raptors wanted to keep forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu this summer, but all their deals made it nearly impossible.

Instead, Mensah-Bonsu signed with the Rockets as a free agent.

"We would have loved to have him back," Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo told the Houston Chronicle. "We talked to him all the way to the very end when he made the decision to go to Houston. Part of our complication was all the varied deals that were in play. With all the transactions that happened — nine new players from last year’s end-of-season roster, 12 from the start of training camp last year — I wasn't sure how many spots I was going to have left to give another guaranteed deal. I always presented it as it was going to be a last-minute decision.

"I was very interested in bringing him back, not only because he was very much a fan favorite, but because he added that element we were looking to have last year. He was a great tonic for our roster and our situation last year. He brought energy. He brought hustle. He brought enthusiasm. He helped us down the stretch, when we won nine of 13 games."
Via Houston Chronicle

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Raptors Wanted To Keep Mensah-Bonsu

Last edited by Acie; 10-16-2009 at 09:13 AM.
christian0317 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote