Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bryan, our great GM
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Nice first post. Well said Tuggle and welcome to RF.

I think this summer is the true test for BC. His true measurement as a GM won't be for the work that he did almost 2 years ago when he first joined this team, but what will and can he do this summer to help take this team to the next level? So far in comparison to last season, this one has been a disappointment where we've regressed quite a bit as a team.

I mean, he's brought over some key pieces to the puzzle, but the ones that have made the most impact are the ones we didn't expect it from. (ie Rasho, Moon, Delfino, Garbojosa) While the ones people expected to be difference makers have been some of this team's biggest disappontments not to mention some of the Raptors biggest earners. (ie. Ford and Bargnani)

That being said, if BC sits idol this summer and makes minimal transactions while not really addressing any key concerns like rebounding, toughness, defense and players that can create on offense, then I foresee another season of fans like us pissing and moaning regarding this teams inefficiencies.

Until then I won't give up hope for Colangelo but I am becoming a little more critical and weary of him. Prove me wrong Bryan.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote