Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
That paragraph is a far cry from the night he got elected, and you came on after a few too many sips of wine.
That was a great night. It didn't change how crazy the world is. And don't get me wrong. I'm not afraid of the craziness. Well, maybe a little afraid. Like how it's conceivable that people kill of their own grandmothers just so the government is able to get its grubby hands on them first. But after taking a deep breath, I find a lot more positive possibilities out there then I did a few years ago. The craziness is all out on the fringes. That's territory I know pretty well. Nothing to worry about at all at the end of the day.

Change is inevitable. Obama or no Obama. The ground has been shifting for a long time. Enormous changes are coming at some point. Resistence to change is just as inevitable. I still feel very encouraged by how much people are recognizing the need to at least face the need for change, because not facing it at all is what really scares me, and the problems caused by that sort of behavior brings on the craziness that gets very hard to sort out.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote