Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - For the MJ lovers... a pre-season tale.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dann38
is pounding the rock!

RF OG

Representing:

It speaks to something I mentioned when we were discussing Jordan's retirement speech. MJ was really so competitive and took things so personally that he remembered people saying things about Majerle's D on him years before. And then proceeded to take it out on Majerle himself - in a meaningless pre-season game no less.
Another one I heard is that PJ used to get Jordan all riled up by not keeping score during team scrimmages in practice. Jordan had to win ALL THE TIME.
That's what drove his greatness.
Say what you will about him being a flawed individual, (who among us isn't?) and yeah, he played his "golden boy" image to the maximum in order to market himself, but the guy got it done on the floor like no one else.
I was a Knicks fan growing up and Jordan used to destroy them. I hated the guy 'till he retired after his fathers death. My Knickerbockers finally even got to the finals with him out of the way, but damn it if I didn't miss watching the man play the game.
That's when I became a fan. He won me over.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote