Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - For the MJ lovers... a pre-season tale.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
INSIDER
BOOBS

never too old.

Representing:
Default For the MJ lovers... a pre-season tale.

Quote:
Tom Chambers, Tyrone Corbin and I entered Jordan’s room around 10:30 am. Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Jack Haley are waiting to play cards. At about 3:30 pm I am ready to go get a quick nap, but Jordan refuses to quit. I decide to call Cotton and make up an excuse about why I can’t play that night and he says no problem. At 5:30 pm, we have no choice but to quit because the bus leaves for the game at 6:15 pm. When I stood up after seven hours of playing cards, I could barely walk. Tom Chambers immediately called Cotton and said he couldn’t play. He said OK, but by then Cotton was getting suspicious.

Before we left the room, Jordan looked at us and said, “I am going to give your boy Dan Majerle 40 tonight.” Now understand he was sitting for seven hours just like us and yet he was determined to give Majerle 40 points in an exhibition game. We asked why he was so determined to attack Majerle. He said Dan guarded him when he was playing with a select team against the 1988 Olympic squad and everyone bragged about how Dan shut him down. I was like, “No way you get 25.” That was based on how my legs were feeling at the moment.

Meanwhile, Cotton was extremely suspicious about why all of sudden all three of us were asking for the game off. Well, Jordan gave Majerle 40 that night and I watched in amazement how he was flying around the court and we three were on the bench stiff and fatigued.

On one of his last plays of the night, Jordan caught the ball by our bench with Majerle guarding him. He looked at Cotton and said, “I took your boys’ money today at cards and I am getting ready to take him baseline and dunk on him.”

He did exactly that, Cotton called timeout and asked Dan why he was so mad at him. Majerle was flustered and said, “I didn’t do anything.”

True story!
full story here:

LINK: Eddie Johnson Blog
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote