Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - BC: Impressed by how prepared the coaching staff is
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
BC could very well be lying to himself, or to us or simply putting a positive spin on things so far.
that's something conceivable (lying to himself), but I doubt it. Everything I saw with colangelo points to the fact that he is not drinking any kool aid. I think he's shown that countless times when trading players that himself brought only a few months earlier (tj, jo, kapono).

True, at times, you MUST sugarcoat things for the media, if you're being asked a difficult question. While technically a lie, it's pretty much a job requirement. If somebody asks him "isn't it true that banks is a lazy sob", he can't possibly say yes.

But this time, he, unprompted, said something that goes beyond the usual chatter. He could have well said that triano looks like a great coach, seems very well prepared, is liked by players and management and so on. The fact the he chose something so specific, to me it's clear as day that it must be true.

However, I would lie to myself if I'd believe it makes a huge difference. If I was the rookie coach, I would prepare myself 15 hours a day this summer too. Just because he's prepared, doesn't mean he will be a great coach. Only that Sam Mitchell wasn't the hardest worker out there (which most of us knew anyway).
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote