Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - State of The Union-Part 1, Complacency
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Between Doc's Bosh throead and this one, I might just puke.

I have a huge long response in mind, but no time to write it. Perhaps being terse will get my point across better anyway, so here it goes:

This team was (re)built with 2009 in mind. We added a few pieces in the off-season (Moon - very good, Kapono - streaky and not so good). Calderon has been better than anyone (except maybe Taz and Belsius) would have predicted.

These are successes.

Our core is young, we have lots of chips in place for the off-season, and although this year has been sub-par, WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN.

Sure, there's lots of work to do, but all you 'the sky is falling' chickens need to stop worrying all the time and start enjoying basketball again.

We don't have the best team in the NBA, no doubt. But take a look over the various Raptor rosters since 1995. How many would you rather have than what we have now? Maybe 1 or 2? Maybe?

We have a good thing going here. Patience is a virtue. Use it, life will be a lot more enjoyable. Certainly basketball will.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote