Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Call me crazy...
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
.40 Cal Flakes
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
What I noticed: We've never in our history had an above .500 record on the road. That's pitiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus View Post
To be fair Claudius, being above .500 on the road is something only a handful of teams do every year. Portland, Houston, and Dallas were all below .500 last year and they were 4,5,6 seeds in the playoffs. Only Boston, Cleveland and Orlando did it in the East.

I wouldn't say it's pitiful, because it's not something that's expected, we just haven't exactly had an outstanding elite-level season yet.
Last year only 3 teams in the east and 4 teams in the west were above .500 on the road. The year before, pretty much same thing. Still, in 14 years of play the raps have yet to achieve above .500 on the road!?! Yeah, I would say that qualifies as pitiful.

In order for the raps to have a shot at the 4th seed (like a lot of fans are predicting), they have to be really good at home this season (10 losses or less), otherwise they really need to kick it up a notch on the road.
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote