Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - State of The Union-Part 1, Complacency
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default State of The Union-Part 1, Complacency

Well we are 5 games or so away from embarking on our second playoff appearence in 2 years and a few thought have come to mind.

First off, I accually havn't had such a complaisant opinion of a Raptor team like this one ever, they just don't excite me, and if I think back on the season, I don't know if they ever did this year. Other than the PG situation, which I don't want to get into, this team has been less than noteworthy. Even in the lean years there was a ton to bitch about, but this team is neither good enough or bad enough, to generate any real emotion in me.

In the big picture, 2 years ago we were one of the worst (if not the worst team in the NBA), and to have 2 playoff appearances a "titanic" division title, the coach of the year and a second playoff appearence sewn up by mid March is all pretty good.

However, this team seems to be taking on the demeanor of its best player. Chris Bosh is good, really good, all-star good but I don't buy him as a leader or a go-to guy, and not just because of his shitty playoff work last year, I just get the feeling that when he throws down a dunk, screams, and tries to get his teammates and fans riled up....I get a serious feeling of apathy, "whoo go Bosh....do your thing.....whats for dinner?". So like Bosh the team shows signs of being one of the greats....but is anyone really buying? If Bosh is the "heart" of the team that just isnt good enough. Here is a small example.....TJ, Bargs, Moon, Parker, have all taken really HARD fouls this year....did anyone see this once.

On top of that....Has anyone on our team commited a foul that hard??

COMPLAISANT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Coach. Smitch. I will admit my bias, this guy has worn out his welcome on me a while ago. "What can I tell you guys , we just have to play harder, the other team made some shots" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Complaisant. Even worse he sounds like a Leaf coach.

The only guy who really looks like he cares about the team, and I believe him is BC. He looks legit pissed, when things are not going right, does he shoulder some of the blame...ultimatly all the blame....sure if you want to break it down that way, but he will not even flinch at the challange of fixing it. He is nothing but Complaisant.

Next Time-Part 2, The rest of the starters.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote