Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Atlantic Division roundtable predictions
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Atlantic Division roundtable predictions

Quote:
Dino Nation (James Borbath):
The Atlantic is not as strong as it seems clear New jersey and Philly have
taken a step backwards. While both the Knicks and Boston are still pretty
much the same. Meaning that Boston will still be good and the Knicks will
be a question mark as always. Boston will always be a tough team to play
for the Raptors. The other 3 teams all are teams the Raptors should (if
they have any ideas of being a home playoff team) be 3-1 or 4-0. Philly
would have been tough had they re-signed Andre Miller. But given Eddie
Jordan and his system needs solid point guard play which they would have
had in Miller. Other things of note in the division for me, Wallace on the Celtics
should fit well and how will Devin Harris do with Courtney Lee instead of
V.C? Here is how I would rank the Atlantic at this early stage of the
game.

Boston
Toronto
Philly
New York
New Jersey

Only Boston and Toronto in the playoffs. That is how the Dino Blogger sees
it. Subject to change given we have not even seen a pre-season game yet.
im Alive!!

Quote:
RaptorBlog (Scott Carefoot)
Is this a trick question? The Celtics are still the team to beat in the Atlantic -- with or without K.G. The Nets and Knicks are almost certain to jockey for fourth and fifth place in the division, which means the Raptors will probably be battling for position with the Sixers. If Elton Brand can rebound to 90% of his former prime and if the Sixers' youth (Young and Speights) continue to blossom, then Philly should be able to at least match last season's 41-win total and the Raptors will probably require at least a 10-win improvement over last season in order to finish a distant second place in the Atlantic.
RaptorBlog.com featuring Scott Carefoot: The original Toronto Raptors blog - NBA insight, analysis and humour since 2002

Quote:
The Alt Raps Blog (Scott)
I believe the Atlantic will be very similar to what it was last season: a runaway leader followed by a tight race. It's not a stretch to think, in the conference, the race for 5-8 will be tight and it wouldn't shock me to see those spots full of Atlantic teams. Obviously the Celtics will give everybody fits, but positionally I think the Nets could give the Raptors fits. Sure, Vince brought the pain with every visit, but he has never been a one man wrecking crew. Even in his absence, look for the Raptors to buckle.
AltRaps Blog

Quote:
RaptorTalk (Walter Dubowec)
The Atlantic Division will be anything but tough. On balance, the Atlanic is weaker than it was last season – which isn’t saying much. The good news is that Toronto is the only divisional team to improve in the off-season. I expect between 45 to 50 wins and a solid second place finish in the Atlantic.

While I expect Boston to win near 60 games and take the Atlantic crown once again, I don’t expect the aging Celtics to be any better than last season - even with the addition of Rasheed. Nonetheless, the Celtics will still give Toronto a lot of trouble head-to-head. But I expect the Raptors to be lot more competitive and potentially split the season series, even though a 1-3 record against Boston is likely.

The Knicks are still in turmoil and Donnie Walsh’s imprint on the team is a year or two away from making a difference in their on-court record. I expect another sub-500 year at the Mecca. The short term impact of Philly losing Andre Miller means they will hover around .500, while New jersey is clearly rebuilding and will finish dead last.
RaptorTalk
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote