Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Worrisome....Raps future.
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deez
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey

Representing:
Worrisome....Raps future.

I'm asking your opinions on this because it's a legitimate concern to me. Do you think that an NFL team, the Bills, landing in Toronto would end up draining disposable income enough so that Toronto sports fans could end up doing to the Raptors what they are currently doing to the Blue Jays? i.e. staying away in droves except for a small group of diehards.

Don't forget, the Blue Jays used to be KINGS! They were breaking attendance records. With the exception of hockey which can do nothing and still attract fans, we tend to have a mentality of wanting to stick it to our big brothers, the USA.

When the Raptors came around, they stole some of the Jays' thunder in that regard. The CFL will always trail behind because there is nothing to prove. Toronto is already top dog in this country. It felt great that Americans hated the World series championship going north.

But now to have that kind of fan sentiment and attention split among 3 major leagues.....can this team survive long term?
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote