Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Investopedia simulator
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Snooch
is back baby

Large and in charge

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formless View Post
I mean investments on the stock market. Specifically, NASDAQ.

I'm looking for some safe stocks with the potential to increase by 5~10% in a month or so. Slow, incremental growths are best, since I bet most of my classmates have invested in high-risk, high-reward trends.
Well I am not going to tell you specific company or commodities as that would defeat the purpose of the excersise you are doing but I'ss try to help you a litlle.

Ferderal Govenment bonds. Very Safe, smaller yeild though.

That is pretty specific, they last in terms of 10(I think) but they can be traded daily on the bonds market(part of Nasdaq)

Then you should look into common shares.
Pick a company that you use all the time, for example, I am sure you use microsoft daily, they recently closed with share price being down, so look into their website and see what is going on with the company, if they have some new products coming out there is a good chance that the value of those shares is going to increase again, if you buy some shares in a company like that you are going to make some money when it goes back up and you sell.

Commodities are a volitile market at times, but you can pretty much count on oil going up every now and then.

Futures give you a chance to make some decent money but you can also lose as you are betting agaisnt a future dollar value of different things.

Last edited by Snooch; 09-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key