Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Do you believe in free will?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cory
Truth

Representing:

While there are a huge number of things that are not a choice, I don't deny choice per se. I believe we have choices, but I don't believe in free will.

For instance:

On any given Saturday, I am drinking my morning coffee sitting down in a chair, and I can think of many different ways to start my day. Maybe I'll mow the lawn, maybe I'll walk the dog, maybe I'll go weed the garden, maybe I'll play video games, maybe I'll go on the internet.

So I'm not denying that we have a wide variety of choice, however, this is by no means proof of free will, in fact, all it demonstrates is that we are computers processing information. The wide variety of choice I am faced with is just a bunch of data that I have no choice but to process, and the way I process it involves "feelings" and "logic", and like I said earlier, the way we feel, and the way we do logic is not a choice. Ultimately, what I end up choosing, is the thing that pleases me the most, or it's the thing that makes the most sense......and these aren't choices.

Last edited by Cory; 09-14-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote