Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Doug Smith: Ford looks better
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Doug Smith: Ford looks better

Definitely some good news, but still no guarantee and still far from returning to the court at this point. Still optimistic though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
T.J. Ford, styling in a state of Texas pullover and Pittsburgh Pirate cap, was back at Raptor practice today.

As a spectator, not a participant, and he's still not sure when he'll be back on a basketball court. His body hasn't told him when that'll be yet.

Ford is being extra cautious about coming back from his latest neck and back injury -- the horrific fall a couple of weeks ago in Atlanta -- and he told us today he's simply not ready yet.

"I think now my body just needs to just recover and just relax and thatís all I want to do right now," he said. "Itís tough, being taken off on a stretcher. Itís definitely tough to hop right back into it a week later, just knowing your body went into a big shock.

"Right now, itís just letting my body calm down and when I feel like my bodyís right, weíll go to the next step."

Ford looked cool and healthy as he watched the Raptors practice, a lot better, in fact, than he's looked since he got levelled by Al Horford late in that game.

The Christmas break back home in Houston obviously agreed with him. But, still, there's no timetable for him to get back on the court.

We'll have lots more of this in tomorrow's newspaper, just figured I'd do a little update for all you folks goofing off at work.
Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote