Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ShamSports: Raps Fans are insufferable and overrate Bryan Colangelo
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Banned

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I agree with the writer's analysis of Colangelo during the 2008 off-season and the following season. Colangelo dropped the ball with the O'Neal trade and there is no doubt about it. It didn't work and he gave too much...And please no one try and tell me Colangelo planned to derail last year's team for the sake of this off-season. Last year's team stunk, Colangelo didn't see it coming and I'm he said as much at one point. This off-season was great. He got rid of Kapono, who was a totally brain fart on Colangelo's behalf. He got something for Marion, who he could have got the prior summer for no more than he paid for O"neal. He filled holes and looks as though he made another solid draft choice. He did good this summer but no one try and tell me last summer was good because it was pathetic. Not every negative a writer says is meant to be a kick in the balls to Raptors fans. The Raptors aren't perfect and there are many negative but true and fair things we could point out about them.

Last summer was a fuck up for sure i said as much at the time. But the fact is he made a high risk-high reward deal that didn't pan out. But one thing i like about BC is that he saw early that it didn't work and made a deal to get Marion within 6 months which in turn setup this summer nicely once a few pieces fell into place. No GM is perfect but the best ones see their mistakes early and do what they need to, to fix them with whatever options are available and move forward.

Last edited by jeffb; 09-08-2009 at 03:17 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key