Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - H1N1 Vaccine
Thread: H1N1 Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Apollo
a dick

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
Pure BS! Swine flu cannot evolve from mild to deadly as no pandemic has ever done it or ever will as that takes a couple of months and in those months season's change. Furthermore, swine flu is just another strain of the flu virus and basicalluy kills mostly those that would die from normal flu.
You're wrong. It's not as simple as another strain of the regular flu and it doesn't kills as many people as the normal flu. The problem people are worried about is mutations. The 1918 flu(Spanish flu), which had a high kill rate, didn't appear out of thin air. No flu appears out of thin air. The 1976 swine flu didn't appear out of thin air either and luckily for people back then it only killed one person...The vaccine hurt a lot more people. I hope what goes down this winter is closer to '76 than '18 in terms of severity of the flu(s). I know I'm not taking the shots either way because this whole development has shades of '76.

Last edited by Apollo; 09-01-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote