Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - fatigue maybe?
Thread: fatigue maybe?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:

I'm frustrated too, but I could really care less quite frankly. Call me a fairweather fan, but who are we kidding if we thought we'd make any noise come playoff time? We don't have a strong or experienced enough team to go deep in the playoffs anyways. So anything more than a win in the playoffs and we've been spoiled.

As for shaking up the lineup, there's no point now. Ford played fantastic since being put back in, but its players like Bosh and Parker that have disappointed greatly over these last couple weeks. Bosh, well I'm going to chalk it up to him having problems with this knee again. I hope he's in so much pain right now that he passes on the Olympics this summer so he can be 100% healthy this fall. If he doesn't use this summer to rest, expect more of the same if not worse from Chris next season because his knee pain is bound to flair up again.

Parker, I have no clue what's going on with him. He's just looked out of sync for the last week or so. The effort seems to be there, but for a guy who's usually one of your team's defensive staples its upsetting seeing guys blow by him like they have recently. But truth be told, we're asking alot from Parker. We're asking alot and putting pressure on a guy who really is a bench player and not a starter. To be a successful SG in this league you have to be able to create on offense and often. That's something that Parker doesn't do well and likely never will be.

Anyhow, only positive besides Rasho that I've seen lately is the play of Ford. BC as disappointed as he probably is right now, has to be a little relieved because Ford's stock is quickly rising at an alarming rate. And they'll be a number of teams looking for a starting PG this summer. So hooray for T.J.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote