Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is Leo Rautins The Right Man To Lead Canada?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Knight
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAY88 View Post
Leo was brought in to coach the Canadian Senior Mens team to hopefully woo some NBA guys to play for the Canadian Team. My problem is, shouldnt it be considered an honor to play for your country and represent the Canadian flag? Why would you have to be convinced or talked into playing for your country? Something needs to change with the mindset of kids in this country to feel honor pride and play for your country. In the past with guys like Magloire, Rick Fox, and now recently Dalembert, Canada Basketball has not done an adequate job of making these guys confident enough in Canada's ability to produce quality basketball players. I believe it is changing now with all the younger players coming up through the NCAA, CIS, ETC.. but I still would like to see playing for your country as an ultimate goal and accomplishment of younger basketball players in Canada.
If anything, he is scaring Canadians away. Look at Steve Nash for example. A proud Canadian basketball player a few years ago. Triano out, Rautins in. Now no more Nash, for that reason.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote