Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - American healthcare system
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
eoraptor77
playing D

What What....

Representing:

Sorry to rain on your parade Clubmed but Turkey has far from the best hospitals in Europe, the most advanced 'best' hospitals are German University hospitals, followed closely by those in Norway and Belgium.
An as for whining for no reason, i already said i appreciated the system we have here in Canada despite its flaws, albeit the biggest flaws are the huge unwarranted salaries being paid out to the heads of regional healthcare, not necessarily the long waiting times.
Medication is not cheap in Canada, a 1 month dose of corticosteriods is over 150$, which is 80% paid for by my insurance, before i had insurance through my job i was unable to have the luxury of this drug and had to rely on ventolin. Is it the same for cancer treatments, i dont know, but it certainly is not 3$.
The healthcare system in Canada is certainly better than many other countries but that does not mean that complaints cannot be made, when hundreds of patients are wrongly diagnosed and misprescribed drugs, as has recently happened with women right across the country in cancer breast scans, people better complain to make sure things are improved, which they will be as a direct result of complaints.
eoraptor77 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote