Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Belinelli not perfect, but a nice fit
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Quote:
Belinelli not perfect, but a nice fit
Posted By FRANK ZICARELLI, SUN MEDIA
Posted 1 day ago

To hear people talk about Marco Belinelli, you'd think the Raptors had just acquired the second-coming of Vinnie (Microwave) Johnson.

Belinelli is an upgrade over Devean George, but any player who is young and has anything that remotely resembles an upside is better than the eroding veteran.

Let's face it: George's best days are behind him and Belinelli has nothing but the future to look forward.

Belinelli addresses a need because he can shoot the basketball and can beat defenders off the dribble in certain matchups.

To think this guy has the handle to run an offence is the stuff of pure fiction.

Belinelli is coming off a season in Golden State where he averaged almost as many turnovers (1.40) as he did rebounds (1.7).

He averaged about 20 minutes and close to 9.0 points, all in a losing environment.

The Raptors have coveted this guy for years because he fits the team's mould. He torched Toronto last season by going off for 23 points, but then again he wasn't alone in lighting up the defensively soft Raptors.

Belinelli posted a career-high 27 points in a loss to Atlanta by taking 21 shots, including 10 heaves from beyond the three-point arc.

His defence is suspect and his shot selection, at times, is questionable.

The kid is 23 years old and when one watches Belinelli shoot the basketball, his form is clinical. But people in this market should be more realistic and objective when it comes to his impact as a Raptor.

Thanks matresshead welcome to RF.

This guy is out to lunch. He's 23 and was on a shitty team last season and his defence from what i've heard is above average. He won't have to come in and think he has to carry his team here when he's on the floor. I maybe wrong but i think he and Derozan will flourish here.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote