Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rap / Hip-Hop Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #73 (permalink)
eoraptor77
playing D

What What....

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus View Post
I thought I was the only person in the world who listened to Blue Scholars. You should check out Common Market if you haven't already. Both guys are signed under Rhymesayers and they both work with Sabzi. Wicked flow, very deep, very articulate music. Love it. He's from Seattle and gets up to BC every once in a while, you should peep him. Anything from Rhymesayers is pretty key to be honest.
Luckily i had the pleasure of seeing Sabzi doing a DJ set back in February, an it was crazy, played a whole bunch of old school stuff as well as some Scholars an Common Market. He ripped it up, management at the place were trying to get him of the stage an he kept playing, eventually they turned the lights on to get everybody out, an it was close to 3am by then!
That same week my wife an i also got to see Sabzi do his thing with Geologic, the other half of the Scholars an it was wicked, didnt last as long as the DJ set but man what a show. Most people just knew 50K deep, but the chorus was intense, everybody singing "50 thousand deep and it sound like thunder when our feet pound the street"
eoraptor77 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote