Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Eric Smith's "Ford Flap"
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Eric Smith's "Ford Flap"

I couldn't of said it any better myself. Well done Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith's Blog
So, TJ Ford started the season as the best player on the Toronto Raptors - better than Chris Bosh - before he was hammered by Al Horford on December 11. Plus, he was coming off a season in which he appeared in 75 games and helped lead T.O. to its first-ever division championship and a franchise-best 47 wins. But after nearly being paralyzed and then fighting - both mentally and physically - for more than 2 months to get back on the floor, heís suddenly public enemy number 1 in Toronto?

I donít get it.

Clearly Ford didnít look good as a back-up and his attitude - self-imposed or not - didnít seem great at the best of times. But Iím not going to write the guy off and start publicly hammering the guy for what has happened in the last 4-6 weeks.

I like Jose Calderon. I believe Jose Calderon is more likely to be the starting PG of the Toronto Raptors in the future. But as long as both point guards are playing for the Raps, I think their differing styles are an asset for Sam Mitchell to expose.

Why many folks have suddenly drawn a line in the sand with Ford and Calderon is beyond me. This is playing out like the ridiculous notion that seems to exist in Toronto Ö in that you canít like hockey if you like basketball Ö and vice-versa. Now it seems like you canít like Jose if you like TJ Ö and vice-versa.

I donít get it.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote