Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Things Sound Pretty Bleak Regarding Pops' Future as a Raptor
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Things Sound Pretty Bleak Regarding Pops' Future as a Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
Hold on to your hats, folks.

I heard the name yesterday when I was talking to Bryan after the Jack news conference.

Pops Mensa-Bonsu.

Really, I did. Was the first time I’d heard it in conversation with anyone remotely in charge of the team.

Now, before you all run out and grab up those Legend jerseys, consider this: At best – at the very, very best -- he’s the 16th man on a team that can only have 15. That means unless Bryan finds someway to make a one for none trade (maybe Ukic) there is no room for the obvious fan favourite.

(Of course, Bryan could trade Marcus Banks for no one but that would signal the apocalypse had arrived and it wouldn’t matter because there’d be no future).

So, yes, they know Pops is out there (and apparently his agent calls about a dozen times a week just to remind people in Toronto that (a) his client likes it here and (b) the other offers are flooding in). But it’s a long, long way from knowing he wants back and bringing him back.
Source - Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote