Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN's Chad Ford's Chat Wrap
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default ESPN's Chad Ford's Chat Wrap

I know they say big men develop slower than their smaller counterparts, but Gino's regressed big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Anthony Sydney Australia: Have we seen Brian Colangelo's first big mistake as Raptors GM in not taking Brandon Roy with the first overall pick instead of Bargnani?

Chad Ford: (1:28 PM ET ) Right now it looks that way ... though at the end of last season Bargnani looked like he was worth a No. 1 pick. I think this does show you how much size is valued in the draft. There's a reason that only one guy under 6-6 has been drafted No. 1 in the past 20 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Mark(Toronto): Chad, seeing the progression of Aldridge, Gay and Roy this year, did Colangelo make a rare gaffe in taking Bargnani first overall a year ago? Or is it still too early to tell given the injuries etc?

Chad Ford: (1:31 PM ET ) Just a follow-up to the first question. The other guy Colangelo really liked in the draft was Rudy Gay. Given his stellar play for Memphis this year ... I'm not sure he won't end up being the best player in the class. He's got so much potential on size and talent. If he keeps playing this aggressive (the knock on him in college) he'll live up to his early hype. Remember, most scouts had Gay ranked as the No. 1 prospect going into the summer of 2006.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote