Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Michael Beasley
Thread: Michael Beasley
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
Like it or not, the kid has a TON of skills, and he's going to be a perennial all-star. The problem other than attitude with DC was his motivation. I don't think Beasley has that problem. The kid brings it night in, night out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
That's your opinion, friend. I think the kid is going to be stellar. Out of the 33 games he played this year, he registered a double double in 28-29 of those games including monster games against Texas and Kansas in back to back games. You don't average 26 and 12 in your FRESHMAN year by just being average. Imagine that - 12 rebounds a game in your freshman year. Not even a guy like DeAndre Jordan (who's touted to be a very solid player himself) averaged that many boards per game. He's going to be top 10-15 in scoring in the league for the next decade (excluding rookie year, of course). Bottom line, this kid is going to be special.
Maybe your definitions differ from mine, but there's a huge difference between "perennial all-star" and stellar.

From what I've seen of Beasley, he's a super talented player who commands a lot of attention from the D, but otherwise doesn't do anything to make his teammates better. He's uber talented but also get a lot of minutes, and he's essentially a 6'10 SF playing against inferior competition.

Much like a guy like Durant (who has an impossible to guard face-up game, which Beasley does not), I think Beasley will take a couple years to adjust to the NBA before really blossoming.

Speaking of Blossom, what ever happened to her? I digress...
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote