Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ford Wants To Remain A Raptor Along With Jose Too
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
all set.

" Ford Wants To Remain A Raptor Along With Jose Too " I think you forgot to mention the "only if I remain the starter of this team" part of it. This was part of the interview after practice (got it from the Globe and Mail)

"Can he even picture himself coming off the bench over the final three years of his contract with the Raptors?

"No. Not till the end of my career," the 25-year-old said after practice yesterday. "That's who I am right now. That's where I'm at.

"In the NBA, I think I'm a starter. I don't think I'm a guy that comes off the bench and plays limited minutes. I don't think that's my style."
Here's more:

Asked whether he could imagine a future playing 24 minutes a game, or some version of that, for 82 regular-season games, Ford was again pretty clear.

"No," he said. "This year was a different scenario, because I was hurt and I was out. But if that didn't happen, I was showing I was one of the best guards in the east at the time."
Obviously, this 2 PG thing is not going to work. Not unless Jose would be backup all the time. And I don't think anyone thinks that Calderon is a just a mere backup PG.
Chito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote