Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ford Wants To Remain A Raptor Along With Jose Too
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Chito
all set.

Representing:

" Ford Wants To Remain A Raptor Along With Jose Too " I think you forgot to mention the "only if I remain the starter of this team" part of it. This was part of the interview after practice (got it from the Globe and Mail)

Quote:
"Can he even picture himself coming off the bench over the final three years of his contract with the Raptors?

"No. Not till the end of my career," the 25-year-old said after practice yesterday. "That's who I am right now. That's where I'm at.

"In the NBA, I think I'm a starter. I don't think I'm a guy that comes off the bench and plays limited minutes. I don't think that's my style."
Here's more:

Quote:
Asked whether he could imagine a future playing 24 minutes a game, or some version of that, for 82 regular-season games, Ford was again pretty clear.

"No," he said. "This year was a different scenario, because I was hurt and I was out. But if that didn't happen, I was showing I was one of the best guards in the east at the time."
Obviously, this 2 PG thing is not going to work. Not unless Jose would be backup all the time. And I don't think anyone thinks that Calderon is a just a mere backup PG.
Chito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote