Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dear Bryan Colangelo: Glen Davis Should Be a Raptor
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Question Dear Bryan Colangelo: Glen Davis Should Be a Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Malcolm via T.O. Sports
So, in recent days, the Raptors have been transformed into a team with numerous questions to a team with a deeper bench and a core that is being formed as we speak. Yet, we are missing one person: Glen Davis

I know that Reggie Evans is a our tough player, our “enforcer,” but he’s getting older (29), and with two years left on his contract, I think getting Davis would be a good acquisition.

Davis has the swagger, toughness, and the character to succeed in the NBA. I watched him hit tough shot after tough shot against Orlando this year, and he showed the ability to agitate his opponents. And he plays defense.

I realize that the Raptors do not have an overwhelming need for Davis; however, you’ve always been ahead of the curve, thinking years and players ahead (as your recent acquisitions would indicate). So, I thought I’d give you a suggestion on a player that would quickly become a fan favorite in Toronto.

The numbers should not be too hard to work out. I think a three-year, $10 million contract would suffice, and the lineup and bench would be much improved with Davis as the sixth or seventh man.

This is just an idea, and while I am not your biggest fan, I do respect and value the moves you have made when all has seemed grim.

Please continue to build a winner in Toronto, and if we so happen to make it to the NBA Finals, I will consider repurchasing my season tickets despite the recession.

Respectfully yours,

Micheal Malcolm
Source - Dear Bryan Colangelo: Glen Davis Should Be a Raptor : T.O. Sports
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote