Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: "Is it too early to give up on Bargnani?"
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Grange: "Is it too early to give up on Bargnani?"

When is it time? I think right now its still too soon, but what do you think is a reasonable time frame for Bargnani and when to consider him a disappointment and to move on?

Check out what Grange had to say in his blog today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Deep Blog
Is it too early to give up on Bargnani? Probably. But I think the next 11 games and the playoffs should tell a story about the guy. As I wrote the other day, all mitigating circumstances aside, this is a player whose special skill is the ability to shoot the ball -- Except he can't shoot very well, if the statistics are to be believed. There are those who suggested that Bargnani's struggles began when he was removed from the starting lineup early in the season – but his numbers as a starter this year aren't much better than his numbers coming off the bench, unless you want to get excited about someone shooting 40 per cent from the floor. There are those who suggest he lost his confidence after he hurt his knee. That might excuse December, but what about January? There are those that suggest he's playing out of position, so you do you explain his production when Bosh was out and he started at power forward? Now there are those that will point to the latest decision to bring him off the bench as yet another blow to his psyche.

At some point he has to perform the most basic basketball function: make open shots on a consistent basis, regardless of circumstance. And if he can grab a rebound or two and avoid the odd stupid foul, that would be a bonus. But find shots you can make, and make them. That's his job, no excuses.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote