Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jack > Parker?
Thread: Jack > Parker?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Apollo
a dick

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymakepeace View Post
I though he was only 6-3 tall??
So is Barbosa and Ellis. Jack is a good defender, he's tough. He could play some minute there and be far more effective than Kapono ever was.

With the potential Jack signing people need to look at what Raptors teams had success and what Raptors teams did not:

2006-2007: The team had two healthy, happy starting PGs. They fed off each other, although rarely played together. When one was on the bench the other was on the court. This allowed for little drop off when the second unit hit the floor. They won 47 games this year and were credited for having a strong bench even though most of the guys were totally off the radar.

2007-2008: A rift formed between the PG duo. Both suffered injuries and they wanted to start, which messed with the chemistry. They still managed to hold it together enough to make the playoffs.

2008-2009: The duo was split up. The Raptors were left with two options off the bench at the point. The first guy had no business being in the league and the second guy was a project. The Raptors struggled with bench production all season, missed the playoffs landing in the lotto.

Parker could play point but he was not a PG. He was a backup precaution. Jack is a true PG, good enough to start who could play the SG sometimes with Jose. I don't know about you but I would much rather have a starting caliber PG playing a few minutes at the two to get adequate time than an old SG on a fast decline forced to play out of position against much faster, younger guards. It didn't work last year, it would not work this year.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote