Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Eric Smith's "Class Act"
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
fho
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
Bosh made a good point in the post game tonight. TJ is just as gracious as Jose in relinquishing the starting role to Jose when he returned. It sounds from everyone invovled, TJ included that it wasn't being a spoiled sport that was causing his struggles, more just in preperation and expectations of being a bench point guard vs starting. In other words TJ wasn't playing bad in protest, he just hasn't been accustomed to it and at present isn't suited for the backup whereas Jose has lots of experience now with both. I've always felt TJ starting and Jose backing him up was best for this team, and I hope tonight wasn't a fluke... it reminded me a lot of watching the team last year and that felt good
Ford may not have been accustomed to playing off the bench, but it looked like he wasn't improving on it. The job of the PG is to make the players on the floor better. If Calderon can do it, it only makes sense (and fair) to expect the same from Ford. But alas, this goes to show how much more valuable - in the PG role - Calderon is, than Ford. Whether it's mental/physical Jose delivers it like a pro'.

No, doubt, Ford is very talented - and I'd rather have him than some of the other ungracious PG's that passed through TO - but for all the money he's making let's not make too many excuses for him. Bosh, as a leader, should be calling all his teammates out.

But, hey! if both are happy in their new rotations, all that matters is the team winning.

I hope lastnight wasn't a fluke either. Might have been, but regardless, I think it can only get better as long as we're healthy.
fho is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote