Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sauce
El Guapo

The Problem Solver

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Tiago is used to overpowering his opponents, I dont think he will be able to do that against GSP.

I have to laugh at the previews for the fight, they keep saying that Tiago overpowered and destroyed Matt Hughes, GSP did that months and months ago.
Well to be fair, Alves and GSP both also fought Koshchek, and Alves dominated him much much more than GSP did.

Both fighters won a convincing 30-27 decision, but ive never seen Kos as damaged as he was after the Alves fight. Complete domination and great takedown defense.

That said I still think GSP takes it with superior wrestling. but im a bit worried he might get caught with some big shots.

Also ... Lesnar will not ... I repeat will not get caught in any submission other than a leg lock, ankle lock, knee bar. Any upper-body submissions wont work because he is just too powerful. I also think he wont be as careless as last time with his donkey punches ... and cruise to a 1st or 2nd round TKO.

But .. that said ... Mir is a sneaky fuck and can always pull off the upset with a slick (or lucky) submission like last time. I just think his chances of surprising Bock like last time are much lower this time around.
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote