Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Have We Seen The End Of Jack Armstrong?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Here's Eric Smith's impression on Jack's future here in Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith's Blog
For me, Jack is not only a co-worker and a mentor but he is an extremely close friend. Jack was an intricate part of my wedding a couple of years ago and there are few people I trust more - personally and professionally - than Jack Armstrong.

“The Coach” has been around the Toronto scene for 10+ years and he has become synonymous with the Raps.

He MUST be involved with the Raptors in some way/shape/form next season and for many years to come.

And I’m sure that will happen.

Even if they’re not broadcasting Raptors’ games, Sportsnet could still try re-signing Jacko. Plus, there’s no saying that TSN or The Score won’t make a pitch for the former head coach of the Niagara Purple Eagles. And when all is said and done, you’re sure to see plenty of Jack on Raptors TV … whether it be on the pre and post game shows, Raptors Today, and/or Full Court Press. You will also hear Jack (with me) on every pre-game show on the FAN’s radio broadcasts and he can be seen and heard every Thursday on “Hoops” on the FAN 590 and Raps TV.

So, barring a major offer from another team in the NBA (which could easily happen) … you’ll still be seeing and hearing plenty from Jack.

I’ll continue to push for Jack to do even “more” with the Raptors as well. If you’ve heard the radio broadcasts over the past few seasons - or the pre and post game show for nearly 10 years - you’ve heard me campaign for Jack to be named to the Raptors’ staff as well. Whether it be as a scout, adviser, assistant coach, Assistant GM, or even as a ”basketball ambassador” … I truly believe that Jack has more to offer to this city and this organization. As great as he is as a broadcaster and entertainer, I think he could have a greater impact and role in helping guide Canada’s only franchise into the future.

The world would be a better place with more Jack!

E. Smith
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote