Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - We are 7th.
Thread: We are 7th.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
We have no trouble with Chicago, they wont be in any fight for the playoffs. Even Nocioni went off the deep end this week.

If we dont win the games vs them, ATL, and NJ then we dont deserve the 5th or 6th spot.

PHI will cool off soon, and DET will likely rest their starters in the last game vs us so that should be a win too(like last year, remember the AP shot?)
philadelphia also plays detroit in one of their last games - so that would even out. I agree 100% that if we play well, we should get the 5th spot (even though I'd hate to play the cavs). But I just don't see it coming this year, we've never been consistent, every 3 or 4 games we have a lemon, and all it takes is to lose a couple of these "should win" games, and we're out. Because I don't see Philadelphia cooling off, they've been playing well the whole year, only recently started to win their close games. Remember that all of our games against them have been really close, and we've got lucky toward the end of games where they kind of melted. And Whasington have played very well, if not for those first few games with Arenas (losing first 5)and that nasty streak with Butler out (losing 8 or 9 games), they would be a lot higher in the standings right now. The worst thing that could happen to them would be the return of Gilbert, but apparently they are smart enough to hold on him until he's really 100% ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote