Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Doug Smith Rips TSN's Chisholm A New One
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
yeah... I just read that Chisolm article again and was amazed at how completley dead on he is. And this was written before the "Ford in the 4th" problem became ludacris.
Ditto. Chisolm's article is bang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I don't think I ever remember Sam taking a specific blame after a loss, but I've heard him many times placing the blame on the players (not naming anybody in particular). To me, that's a major sign of mental weakness and lack of confidence in one's ability. If you're good (and you know it), you will never be afraid to admit a mistake, because it's normal to make mistakes. I'm not sure if the players after a point start to lose confidence in their coach, but I would not blame them if they would.
I can't remember Sam saying mea culpa either. I can recall several times Phil Jackson doing it, even when they seemed to be decently prepared, but Smitch seems to have his defenses up the moment a game ends and questions begin. He's so insecure about his coaching that many of his responses are just sarcastic quips.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote