Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Save Andrea Bargnani (an italian fan)
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
rapsfan087
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
I am not saying Sam has nothing to do with Bargnani's problems, but i am saying you are putting more on Sam than is deserved. Andrea is an nba player now...a man and its' up to him to bring it consistantly and do what his coaching staff asks of him...if he fails to do that he will not get burn. That's life in pro sports. Maybe Sam hasn't been doing everything he can for Andrea..i'ts impossible to say because we dont' know what goes on behind closed doors...we can only speculate, but it's apparent to me that Andrea has been given plenty of opportunity to take his minutes and run with them, but he's struggled with consistancy. Since he went back into the starting lineup he's had the opportunity and rarely does he sieze it. That's on him to improve. I doubt very much Sam and his staff are just leaving him alone and saying ' Andrea will figure it out '. I'm quite willing to be they're trying everything they know to help him improve...and maybe this is where they're coming up short, but again we can only speculate. It's not fair to Sam and his staff to place the blame soley on them and excuse Andrea from it.
Andrea is a kid, and if you are telling me that all the rookies have to man up, I tell you that what they really have to do is to learn. You can man up when you know what you have to make. When you don't know how to play the center spot, it's difficult you man up. And not, the knowledge has nothing to do with the rocks/cojones.

I can agree that maybe I am asking Sam too much (I have said it before this), but I'm sure you are asking Andrea too much, he started to learn to play center this summer.

You:
Quote:
It's not fair to Sam and his staff to place the blame soley on them and excuse Andrea from it.
Me:
Quote:
Andrea has his faults, but Sam hasn't done the most correct to get the best from Andrea either.
I think we ,more or less, agree.
rapsfan087 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote