Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: Raps Hope the Hedo Signing Will Make Bosh Want to Stay
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Snooch
is back baby

Large and in charge

Representing:

I understand the thought process behind Dougs thinking, but I just cant see how Bosh can have a "monster year" without taking away from Turk and Bargs.

Unless by monster he means an absolute beast on the defensive side of the ball then sure, he can do that.

But offensively, if this team opperates the way it has over the past few years then both Turks and Bargs numbers are gonna suffer in an effort to keep Bosh's the same.

But that being said I can see the days of Bosh getting the ball off P&R's become more a thing of the past and I can see alot more offense now being put through Turk and Bargs, Allowing not only Bosh but Jose to focus more on the defense than offense.

If Boshs numbers hang down around Garnetts and Turk has similar numbers and Bargs continues his January on numbers. Jose the same and whoever our sg is puts up the same as AP last season, our starting five matches up very well against the best teams in the league as far as production. Our starting lineup would figure to be very competetive averaging over 75ppg, 28rpg, 4bpg, 4spg and 20apg-some of the best numbers in the league.

The problem will be the bench which will take a couple of years to build up to a respectable level.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote