Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ok so after signing Hedo what can we do really?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Apollo
a dick

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Do we have any money left?
Below cap, no. Below luxury tax? Yes.

Quote:
Where is this team at money wise? and what kind of moves can actually be made I'm a little confused...People in here are saying that we can sign and trade Marion but if we can sign him then why don't we keep him???
Right now it seems the MLE is off-limits. The only option they have is involving sign and trades and vet minimum. They really need to try and work a sign and trade for Marion.

Quote:
Who can we get for Marion?
Not much...At least thats what the market is saying right now no one wants him.
It cost Toronto Jermaine O'Neal, so I'm thinking they could get someone on that level? Maybe they could work and double S&T with Cleveland and land a guy like Varejao? Just speculating.

Quote:
Can we still sign Pops? or Delfino?
They would not be able to sign Hedo if they they weren't under cap. Yes and no. A team at the cap limit or beyond can always re-sign their own guys if they have bird rights(Larry Bird Exception).

Delfino qualifies, Pops does not.

Quote:

Why are we left with so little money if Marions contract was 17million+ & Joey's was almost 3 million & Parker was more than 4.5mill Even Douby was makin 1.4 Million.Why is there such a large gap of money missing if we are only going to use 10+million to sign Hedo? (is there something I'm missing?)
Escalating contracts and the fact that they were well over cap.

Quote:
There is like more than 10 million dollars un accounted for, did the cap kill our money some how?
All is accounted for. Don't forget they still have that $3M in cash they can offer in a trade.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote