Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Save Andrea Bargnani (an italian fan)
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

No offence Gimmo..as you're entitled to your opinion but Andrea's struggles are his own. Last year Andrea was allowed to basically play to his strengths to get accustomed to teh league and what did he do? Primarily a spot up 3 point shooter. This year he's been coached heavily to learn the game in the paint and he's struggled huge. He let a demotion from the starting lineup kill his confidence and every game he comes out and misses a couple quick shots, he gets frustrated, commits a few silly fouls and rides the bench for the remainder of the game.

I'm not saying Sam and the staff are angels and they couldn't have done some different things but to say that Sam is at fault for Andrea shooting threes and that's it is a gross misrepresentation and severly biased opinion... in my opinion.

Andrea will adjust in time i'm optimistic and the coaching staff will be there helping him...but in the meantime he needs to get some steady confidence that doesn't rely on his early shot success so much as setting a few good screens and grabbing a few boards or playing some good defense and he'll be fine.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote