Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Save Andrea Bargnani (an italian fan)
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
gimmo
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Default Save Andrea Bargnani (an italian fan)

hi everybody, i'm gimmo from italy and i'm obviously an Andrea Bargnani's big fan, so please help me in my personal battle: to fire coach Sam Mitchell.

Not only because Calderon is a better player than Tj, and that's for sure, but even because he's dangerously changing Andrea's way to play basketball. Believe me, Andrea represents a great match-up threat to opposing teams. But right now he's used almost exclusively as a three-point gunner and that makes use of only a sliver of his abilities as a basketball player. He was drafted number one overall because of the myriad of skills he brought to the table as a seven-footer. If he's just going to be planted outside the three-point arc all the time then Sam Mitchell might as well start Jason Kapono at starting five. But we don't want this. Isn't it??? Andrea is such a difficult player to guard because he can put the ball on the floor or hit long jumpers. By planting him exclusively behind the three-point line on offense like he is nowadays, Sam Mitchell has basically reduced il Mago to a spot-up shooter, severely limiting the use of several of his other assets. Take care of Andrea and Jose, trade Tj end fire Smitch

ps: sorry for my english, it sucks
gimmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote