Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith's Conversation With Hedo's Agent
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Smith's Conversation With Hedo's Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
We just had a nice chat with Lon Babby, Hedo’s agent, and there will be no more shenanigans.

Turk’s coming.

“We’ll be available when (Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo) is ready. We’re hopeful it’s Wednesday but if it pushes over to Thursday, so be it.”

Why does he want to come here?

Well, it’s a great city, Turk likes playing in the Eastern Conference and the deal’s for about $3 million more than the offer from Portland. It should come in at about $53 million but there’s no way of knowing for sure until the cap numbers are released next week.

About the love for the city? Said Babby:

"It’s uniquely suited for him. That’s his background. He’s looking forward to joining the Turkish community there."

Oh, and the sign and trade thing?

Well, Lon said he’s comfortable with his deal with Toronto regardless but if there’s something Bryan can work out with Otis Smith down in Orlando that works for both teams, that’s fine with Babby and Turk.

However, I can also tell you that the chance of Orlando taking Shawn are virtually none. Remember when I used 10-90 on something? Well, I am assured by sources around the league that it’s 1-99 that the Magic have no interest in a doing a sign and trade that gets them Marion.

Okay, I’ve got two stories to write off this conference call for tomorrow’s paper but figured I’d let you know what was going on.

Nighty night, kids.
Source - Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote