Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rosen's Two Cents Worth Regarding Our PG Situation
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fho View Post

I, also, think Calderon is passing up a lot of open looks in favor of the pass. He's not keeping his man honest on defense. But I guess I'd rather have him pass then over shoot. He needs to find that balance if no one else has the hot hand, for the game.
This is actually text book basketball. By looking to pass the defender not only has to worry about his man and concentrate on what he's doing but has to focus on the man who got the ball too. It's actually much more difficult to guard a PG who looks to pass instead of shoot. When he only looks to shoot, you play for the shot and force him to react accordingly.

That being said, I think Calderon does need to assert his offensive game a tad more. I just don't think he wants to be the focus to be honest. I think he doesn't see the point almost to him producing while the rest of his team may struggle. He may just take the idea of what a PG is supposed to do, i.e look for his teammates, get them going etc. to heart.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote