Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Printezis Signed a 3 Year Contract With Unicaja Malaga
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Windex
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean

Representing:

Quote:
Oh yeah, all you fans of Giorgos Printezis – and by that I mean all you who think he’d be a great fit here without, you know, having seen him play in person or more than once or twice – have another year to wait to see if he’s got any game at all.

I don’t know if he does or not but I do know there are those in the Raptors camp who don’t think he’s quite good enough right now to even make a team, let alone make a contribution.

Reports out of Greece say the small forward has signed a three-year deal with Malaga of the Spanish League (and we all know the greatest export Malaga ever made, right?) and that kind of seals Printezis’s fate for at least one more season, perhaps longer when we find out what the buyout might be.

The Raptors? I’ve got a feeling they’re quite all right with this.

Printezis is raw, he had an okay season in Greece last year – hardly the kind that would make you believe he’s a can’t-miss NBA prospect – and another year of seasoning can’t hurt.

There is no doubt that he and his agent used the supposed “offer” from the Raptors as some kind of leverage to get a European deal because, and I have this on pretty high authority, Toronto really didn’t want to bring him over this season.

And now they won’t.

And I bet as his season progresses, he becomes even better in the eyes of fans over here.
Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote