Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun: Calderon Will Be Costly
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
pimpery
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
+1

Here's how the deal goes down:

To Miami:
Jose Calderon
Andrea Bargnani

To Toronto:
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks
Miami's 1st round selection

A lot of people won't want to give up Andrea, but it seems like he's struggling a lot and regressing to an extent. There's no real improvement this year. Miami get 2 players to put into the starting line up

Blount is a crappy player, but he needs to be added to make this deal work (I would rather have Udonis Haslem, but I don't think Miami would give him up that easily). Blount's contract ends at the end of the 09-10 season, just in time for the summer of '10 bonzanza for Colangelo. Plus he could be used as bait after next as an expiring contract.
Banks becomes a back-up PG for TJ.
and Toronto's own selection could turn out to be Thabeet from UConn, Hibbert from Georgetown, Arthur from Kansas.. or a pick that could be packaged for a bigman (Blount + 1st rounder to Philly for Dalembert?)

so, next season, you could see a line-up of:

C - Dalembert
PF - Bosh
SF - Beasley
SG - Parker
PG - Ford
Miami wouldnt trade the Beasly pick for Calderon and Bargs alone, nevermind throwing in more. Ppl are overvalueing Calderon in trades, his value is going down by the min as his stats do, as of right now he has played great for about 1/4th of his career, its not enough to give up a player of Beasley's potential, who will come in the league and IMMEDIATELY and yes i mean right from the 1st game, be a better player then Bargs, and potentially a perenial all star to put beside Wade. No, i think Miami wouldnt do this.

Also, being in last gives them 25% chance at 1st pick, right? Why every post i see assumes they will win it? 75% of the time they dont.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote