Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun: Calderon Will Be Costly
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
MangoKidHoops
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
why do i have a terrible feeling BC will do a sign and trade....
i think he takes the easy way out in this scenerio...
if you think about it, it makes sense.
1. we solve the PG situation
2. we trade jose for a stud wing player

i'll bet money we trade jose to miami for the 1st round pick (beasley).
miami gets a allstar (he will be one next season) PG... and they DESPERATELY need a PG.
we get a promising SG/SF with allstar potential in BEasley.
throw in some fillers, its a done deal.
+1

Here's how the deal goes down:

To Miami:
Jose Calderon
Andrea Bargnani

To Toronto:
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks
Miami's 1st round selection

A lot of people won't want to give up Andrea, but it seems like he's struggling a lot and regressing to an extent. There's no real improvement this year. Miami get 2 players to put into the starting line up

Blount is a crappy player, but he needs to be added to make this deal work (I would rather have Udonis Haslem, but I don't think Miami would give him up that easily). Blount's contract ends at the end of the 09-10 season, just in time for the summer of '10 bonzanza for Colangelo. Plus he could be used as bait after next as an expiring contract.
Banks becomes a back-up PG for TJ.
and Toronto's own selection could turn out to be Thabeet from UConn, Hibbert from Georgetown, Arthur from Kansas.. or a pick that could be packaged for a bigman (Blount + 1st rounder to Philly for Dalembert?)

so, next season, you could see a line-up of:

C - Dalembert
PF - Bosh
SF - Beasley
SG - Parker
PG - Ford
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote