Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - City on Strike
Thread: City on Strike
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
wrong aar. this is about government revenue. the lcbo is the biggest revenue source besides taxes for the prov gov't. no way they are giving that up, and no way they should. the quality of service and breadth of product delivery is much better from the lcbo than we would get from independent businesses. i support the lcbo 100%. probably my favourite place to shop.

I know what it's about but your view is what my point is about. You and others think that if that shithole ceased to be, gone would be your high quality drink and that's a ridiculous fear. You'd have your 'low-end product' available in convenience stores and boutique shops would open up with all your over-priced favourites. It's like that all over the world. Who cares if it weren't all under one roof?

So yeah, at it's core, it's a huge money maker for the province but it's unfair and defended by people who basically reiterate, word for word, the LCBO's argument.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote