Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is it Time to get rid of Smitch?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
You left Derons 21 points out?? and they let him take over the game when it mattered. Sam will not get this team to the next level...he should be coaching in Memphis or something so the players can grow with him...our player have outgrown him...

How does Kyle Korver get open looks, standing out at the 3pt line....any chance Sam can steal Jerry Sloans playbook?

Making a pg guard score is a very well adopted strategy(unless it happens against TJ cause then it's his fault for being a ball hog). Sorry, it goes both ways, Deron's effectiveness was cut in half... rather than scoring and distributing threat, he was left only to score, and 21 points is only 2 above his season average..that's not even that bad.

I dont' totally agree Sam's players have outgrown him... only one on the team with possibly more bbiq is Rasho. Guys like Kapono, Hump, Moon, TJ, Calderon...really the whole roster is full of young guys that make lots of mistakes and need seasoning....they are growing with him. The direction they're growing in is fairly up for debate but I doubt you could convince me the players have outgrown their coach.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote