Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Time For A Change?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Time For A Change?

Just reading Doug's blog today and it got me thinking, we seriously do need a little bit of a shake-up. Doug suggests maybe making a few changes to the starting line-up like removing Bargnani and Moon, but I think we give back Ford his starting role. I think a happy Ford may be a productive one and while I don't necessarily like to demote Jose I think Jose would accept such a role moving back to his backup spot because the team player he is. He's would also bring some life to a non-existent 2nd unit.

I think T.J. being a starter again will help him not only to regain his confidence, but also a sense of selfworth again. Eventhough these guys are suppose to be professionals, even some of the best players need to be coddled and have their egos stroked. I think Ford is one of those players. So why not experiment with such a bold move now so if it doesn't work in the next couple weeks, its still gives us time to change back before the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
The coaches spent about 20-25 minutes behind closed doors after the game and I can imagine they were talking about one thing: Is it time to change the starting lineup? Giving up 35, 44 and 32 points in each of the last three first quarters is inexcusable.

But here’s the question: Do you do one tonight (Moon) or do two on Wednesday (Bargnani and Moon)?

Me? I just do Moon but I wonder just who takes his place.

If you replace him with Kapono, what’s that do for the second unit scoring on nights when Delfino’s not making shots? And while Kapono’s defending better (“he’s trying to box out now,” one person told me on the weekend), can he guard starters?

The thing with Moon is all the stuff he’s supposed to bring: Defence, rebounding, energy, are lacking most nights. And teams have pretty much stopped guarding him.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote