Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - I like Derrick Rose and all....
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

I'm kind of a big deal.
Send a message via MSN to its_asdf
I like Derrick Rose and all....

...But really?

In a letter to Memphis, the NCAA says an unknown person took the SAT for a player—with his knowledge—and that the player used it to get admitted. The governing body says the athlete played for the Tigers in the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. Only one person fits that description—Rose.

Compounding his difficulties were the media reports that Rose was one of four Simeon athletes with a grade that got bumped up for a month—long enough to be reflected on their transcripts. That maneuver was revealed in a report by the Chicago Public Schools’ inspector general, which didn’t identify the school or players who were involved.

Chicago Public Schools spokeswoman Monique Bond said the students involved probably didn’t know about the grade change.

Memphis, meanwhile, is facing the possibility of having 38 wins and a run to the title game wiped off the books, which would make this the second time the school—and a program coached by the recently departed John Calipari—had to vacate a Final Four appearance.
Tarnished Rose: Allegations could prove costly - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
its_asdf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote