Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sekeres: The dangers of Ford
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Demetrio
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Exclamation Yes we do have defense

Yes, we do have defense, but it is the balance of your offense and if I remember right basketball is a team effort, and that is the difference between
Tj and Jose, Jose is a magnet he'll get everybody involved in both ends, to the point that you won't be able to single out a guy on our defense for good or for bad, even to the point that if you lose the game, you lose with dignity and you know that you put all you effort, and my friends this is what we saw happening while Tj was out, we saw a block, getting the best out of everybody just because they were playing with confidence, as far as I know basketball is not a game that you play only with your head you have to involved your heart, as I see the Raptors right now they are heartless, as a matter of fact they look like they are in the operation room and Sam doesn't know what to do with this open heart surgery, he is the one calling the shots and as far I know a good coach only improved from the previous game either you win or you lose there is always something to take for the next game, we were good until Tj and Tj ego came back, this is not about sharing minutes between Jose and Tj, this is about believe and making believe that we have a project, why sacrifice it just because somebody ego, it doesn't work that way unless you want to play pick-up basketball, which is what we watched lately,
Oh if you guys watch the top teams beside having superstars they have a project that they stick and believe on it. So Sam you are holding the future of the team, a good meal is not just about the ingredients only, more important it is the way you cook them, so please I don't care if we win or we lose as long we play with some dignity. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lang View Post
Mike

I agree on a lot of your points. The only thing I would argue is that we're not that poorly constructed for defense. I think we just need a good defensive strategy. The team has proven that they can literally shut down opponents when they want to. It's just too bad those instances are becoming a rarity. If players like Moon and Delfino could actually defend the way they were expected to, we'd probably have a couple extra wins.

I think we're just a very poor communicating team. The only person who really keeps everyone in on the play is Jose because he's approaching team mates and talking. Ford almost never does that. When defensive breakdowns happen, who's out there yelling? Primoz, the NEW guy.

But you're right, there is room for improvement and I'd like BC to try to pick up some assets, but not just for the sake that they're European. I'd rather acquire one guaranteed star player rather than gamble on 5 potentials and hope one is a diamond in the rough.
Demetrio is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote