Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Update on the War On Drugs
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ugo Ferst
is pounding the rock!

Banned

Representing:
Default Update on the War On Drugs

21 students arrested in U. of I. drug crackdown
Tribune staff report
May 2, 2009
Twenty-one University of Illinois students, including some from the Chicago suburbs, were arrested this week in connection with a yearlong investigation into drug dealing on campus.

Students were arrested Wednesday and Thursday in two dorms, at three fraternities, a sorority and at several off-campus houses and apartments in Urbana and Champaign. Four non-students also were arrested by U. of I. police on drug-related charges. Those arrested were not all working together, said university police Lt. Roy Acree.

"I would hope it would send a message to students that if you are selling drugs, there is a good chance you're going to get caught," Acree said. He said officers had investigated campus drug dealing, through undercover purchases and other methods, since the fall semester.

Police seized 180 grams of marijuana, traces of cocaine, anti-anxiety pills, $3,100, two vehicles, three flat-screen televisions and two laptop computers, Acree said.

Most of the arrests were on suspicion of manufacturing and delivering marijuana, Acree said. The students could face disciplinary action, including possible expulsion from the university, said U. of I. spokeswoman Robin Kaler.

great job scrub policeman, im sure everybody is thankful you spent a year and prob a ridic amount of $ to get roughly 6 ounces of weed off the mean campus streets of illinois that's 9 grams and $150 a person.... war on drugs owns!!
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote